Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Playlist for Feb.27 2009

Playlist for Friday Feb.27 2009;
Black History Month Coda ~ Vocal Groups from Africa to Gospel to DooWop to Girl Groups (note; final show on CKLN);
(Artist / Song / Album)

THE OLYMPICS ~ "HULLY GULLY";


THE DIXIE HUMMINGBIRDS ~ "I GOT SO MUCH TO SHOUT ABOUT";


THE SOUL STIRRERS ~ "I'M A SOLDIER";


THE SILHOUETTES ~ "GET A JOB";


1. Dick Dale ~ Misirlou ~ Best of ~ Rhino
2. Elton Britt ~ Pinto Pal ~ Ridin' with Elton ~ Soundies
3. West African Quartet ~ Adersu No.2 ~ Living is hard; West African music 1927-29 (comp)
4. Ben Simmons ~ Obu Kofi ~ Living is hard; West African music 1927-29 (comp) ~ Honest Jon's
5. Prince Zulamkah ~ Ligiligi ~ Living is hard; West African music 1927-29 (comp) ~ Honest Jon's
6. Nicholas De Heer ~ Ewuri ~ Beka ~ Living is hard; Wesy African music 1927-29 (comp)
7. The Elder J.E. Burch ~ Love is my wonderful song ~ Complete recorded works 1927 ~ Document
8. The Elder J.E. Burch ~ My heart keeps on singing ~ Complete recorded works 1927 ~ Document
9. Rev. M.L. Gibson ~ Will the circle be unbroken ~ Complete recorded works 1927-29 ~ Document
10.The Jubilee Gospel Team ~ You've got to meet your God somewhere ~ Complete recorded works 1928 ~ Document
11.Deep River Plantation Singers ~ I feel my time ain't long ~ Complete recorded works 1931
12.The Soul Stirrers ~ She touched the hem of her garment ~ Specialty profiles ~ Specialty
13.The Harmonizing Four ~ I saw the light ~ Working for the Lord ~ Jewel
14.The Soul Stirrers ~ Jesus gave me water ~ Specialty Profiles ~ Specialty
15.The Dixie Hummingbirds ~ Ezikial saw the wheel ~ The Best of ~ Duke/MCA
16.The Soul Stirrers ~ Peace in the valley ~ Specialty Profiles ~ Specialty
17.The Harmonizing Four ~ I'll fly away ~ Glden Jubilee ~ Jewel
18.The Dixie Hummingbirds ~ Let's go out to the programs ~ The best of ~ Duke/MCA
19.The Olympics ~ Western Movies ~ Western movies ~ Ring of stars
20.The El Dorados ~ Knockin at my front door~ Doo Wop box set ~ Rhino
21.The Moonglows ~ See Saw ~ The Best of ~ Chess/MCA
22.The Cadillacs ~ Speedo ~ Doo Wop box set ~ Rhino
23.The Videos ~ Trickle Trackle ~ Doo Wop box set ~ Rhino
24.The Cleftones ~ This little girl ~ Doo Wop bex set ~ Rhino
25.The Hollywood Flames ~ Fortune Teller ~ Doo Wop from Dolphins vol.2 (comp) ~ Ace
26.The Silhouettes ~ Get a job ~ Doo Wop box set ~ Rhino
27.The Olympics ~ Shimmy like Kate ~ Western Movies ~ Ring of Stars
28.The El Dorados ~ Rock and Roll's for me ~ Rock and Roll's for me ~ Charly
29.The Olympics ~ Your love ~ Western movies ~ Ring of stars
30.The Moonglows ~ The Masquerade is over ~ Best of ~ Chess/MCA
31.The Capris ~ Morse code of love ~ Doo Wop box set ~ Rhino
32.The Chatelles ~ Maybe ~ Doo Wop box set ~ Rhino
33.The Ronnettes ~ Baby I love you ~ Phil Spector box set ~ ABKO
34.The Ronnettes ~ Be my Baby ~ Phil Spector box set ~ ABKO
35.The Crystals ~ And then he kissed me ~ Phil Spector box set ~ ABKO
36.Ike and Tina Turner ~ River Deep Mountain High ~ Phil Spector box set ~ ABKO
37.Ike and Tina Turner ~ Save he last dance for me ~ Phil Spector box set ~ ABKO

THE CHANTELS ~ "MAYBE";




THE RONETTES ~ BE MY BABY";


THE MOONGLOWS ~ "I KNEW FROM THE START";


THE CRYSTALS ~ "DA DO RON RON";

No comments:

Post a Comment